Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Interpretation:

What are your thoughts on the deeper meaning of the book? Interpret and analyze the book here.

6 comments:

  1. I feel that the deeper meaning of the Hunger Games is that it represents todays world. We, the U.S., represent the capitol and we rule over the other countries who fight for independece and power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see how you could think that, but i don't believe that we as a country are truly that cruel, but it's true we do control a lot of recources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think might be kind of a warning about where the author thinks society is going. Maybe not to the extreme it has gone to in the book, but in that direction. A lot of books like this are. Fahrenheit 451 for example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me the deeper meaning is that you have to fight for what's right no matter what. The Hunger Games as a whole are wrong and disturbing so Peeta and Katniss must do their best even when it's hard. For instance when Katniss fills in for Prim even though she doesn't want to die either she thinks of her sister first. Also, Peeta gave Katniss the bread even though he knew he would be beat, just like he saved her life in the arena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Emma on the deeper meaning of The Hunger Games but I also feel that the book symbolizes hardships that people go through. Collins describes how Panem is divided into 13 districts and that each society basically must fight for their lives. Others have it good while the other half struggles to keep there family fed. Just like in the games its every man for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Response to Emma:
    I actually do agree with your interpretationg and how it symbolizes that we have to fight for what is write no matter what.

    ReplyDelete