It's disturbing, but I like it in a way, and I can't really stop reading it. It's "gripping" as my mother would say. I kind of don't like it, because it's very violent and not very happy, but it is fun.
So far I am really enjoying The Hunger Games. I find it really interesting how the book is writting in future tense and thought it was very creative how the author proclaims Panem as the ashes of what was once called North America. I also find the appearances and names of the characters very intriguing. Katniss, Peeta, Prim... clever names and it makes me think what our future may look like.
I really like the book because i've never read anything like it before and I am glad that the other two books are out because i wouldn't want to wait to see how the series ends.
Also, Nick I kind of agree with you, but on the other hand, without the violence and disturbing events in the book we would not react the same, becasue sending their children in to die is about as bad as it can get and makes us imagine how the parents must feel and how crueal and messed up their capital and world must be.
I like this book so far because it is a real adventure and really thrilling, because the characters and plot are really interesting.
ReplyDeleteIt's disturbing, but I like it in a way, and I can't really stop reading it. It's "gripping" as my mother would say. I kind of don't like it, because it's very violent and not very happy, but it is fun.
ReplyDeleteSo far I am really enjoying The Hunger Games. I find it really interesting how the book is writting in future tense and thought it was very creative how the author proclaims Panem as the ashes of what was once called North America. I also find the appearances and names of the characters very intriguing. Katniss, Peeta, Prim... clever names and it makes me think what our future may look like.
ReplyDeletei really enjoy this book. i am not much of a reader at all... actually i don't like to read but this book has kept me interested
ReplyDeleteResponse to Sierra's blog: I agree with Sierra, it is a very interesting book with clever names, plot, and characters.
ReplyDeleteI really like the book because i've never read anything like it before and I am glad that the other two books are out because i wouldn't want to wait to see how the series ends.
ReplyDeleteI like the wordplay. I also like the references and the figurative language.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Nick I kind of agree with you, but on the other hand, without the violence and disturbing events in the book we would not react the same, becasue sending their children in to die is about as bad as it can get and makes us imagine how the parents must feel and how crueal and messed up their capital and world must be.
ReplyDelete