Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Techniques:

What techniques does the author use to develop setting, characters, and plot?

4 comments:

  1. One technique that Suzamme Collins uses to develop the setting is by using the senses. She somethimes describes how the character reacts to the setting also. Next, she shares stories from the character's past to help us see what the character is like, and to understand their personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emma. I noticed how Collins develops the setting by senses. I also feel that it describes how the characters feel and what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how she brings out the horror of the arena with very vivid, even bizarre figurative language. It sometimes scares me just to read the book, because I really feel like I'm there. Also the developing relationship between Peeta and Katniss is used for kind of "explaining" Katniss' character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A technique that Collins offered when describing her characters is a story. When she introduced a new character she would write how Katniss knew the person. Tell a story of how she had been a supplier of berries to the Mayor. And, how when introducing Peeta she told the story of the bread and how he nearly saved Katniss's life.

    ReplyDelete